Policy for Patients and Staff during the COVID-19 pandemic
The Team at Avon Aesthetics Ltd are fully committed to putting the health and safety of our patients first. We will therefore continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and adjust the protocols and processes to meet the Government’s changes. This policy will be continuously updated. If you have received this more than once, then please take the time to read through this again as some details may have changed.
We are delighted to say that we have started holding face-to-face consultations again. However, as we are sure you will appreciate, we have taken extensive measures to maximise your safety and the safety of all staff within the vicinity.
We are actively working with, and following guidance from, all national healthcare bodies and providers to ensure that you are kept safe.
We are asking anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 not to attend the hospital or clinic and all patients are screened on arrival at each location, as we work together to maintain everyone’s safety.
- All patients attending any clinic location for an appointment or surgical treatment will have a COVID-19 screening telephone call prior to the appointment. This will be done for every appointment booked. If any answers to this questionnaire raise any concerns the appointment will be rearranged. You will also be advised to follow the latest government guidance as detailed on the GOV.UK website.
- To maximise patient and staff safety, we are asking all patients to wear a face mask (this will be provided at the clinic location). This will be removed if necessary, during the appointment for examination or treatment.
- Hand gel will be provided on reception, please use this upon entry prior to proceeding to the clinic room.
- Ideally, we would like patients to proceed straight to the clinic room. However, if this is not possible and you are required to sit in the waiting room please adhere to the social distancing rules. Seats are to be wiped down following contact.
- We would also request that you attend your appointment alone so we minimise the number of people in the building at any one time, appointments will also be staggered to help with this. Please therefore arrive for your appointment on time or contact Kim on 0119804092 if you feel that you are going to be late for further advice.
- Patients are to use hand gel provided upon leaving the clinic or hospital.
- Clinic rooms will be thoroughly cleaned between each appointment and at the end of the day.
For people who are vulnerable, may be advised to delay your appointment or treatment.
The private hospitals still have contracts with NHSE and continue to support them until further notice. This means that our theatre capacity for private practice remains limited. All patients who undergo surgery during this time will be required to sign a specific covid-19 consent form which details the current risks of undergoing a general anaesthetic and its link to covid-19. Patients will need to self-isolate for two weeks prior to the admission and will be required to have a covid test 72 hours prior to the admission. Providing this test is returned as negative, you will be able to proceed. If, however, the test is returned as positive you will be asked not to return the hospital and your procedure will be postponed. You will also be advised to follow the latest government guidance as detailed on the GOV.UK website.
Not only are we fully educated with each location’s COVID-19 policy, which will be followed while onsite, but all clinical members of staff are also fully trained on COVID-19 infection control. Staff within the team who can work remotely are doing so and we will be providing regular audits to make sure we are up to date with the latest Government’s requirement. The appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) such as disposable gloves, aprons, disposable masks and eye protection, will be worn by Mr Wilson during your consultation and any other staff members within the team while onsite.
Specific Location Policies
Please check the government website for the latest details.
We appreciate it will take some time adapting to these new measures and we thank you for bearing with us during this difficult period.